WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WB Games seeks an Associate Designer to help develop games on mobile platforms at Netherrealm Studios in Chicago.
Join a veteran studio creating triple A titles on both console & mobile, working on IP’s such as Mortal Kombat and Injustice.
- Data entry, definition, balance and tuning content for various mobile game modes
- Testing functionality of core game modes
- Providing educated feedback on game economy
- Testing and providing feedback on tools & data workflow
- Previous design experience on a console or mobile game desired but not required
- Mobile QA experience desired but not required
- Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Participation in a Game Development program is beneficial.
- Familiarity with hardcore mobile gaming, particularly RPGs and other progression based games.
- Work experience or school/training with the Unreal Editor
- Basic knowledge of spreadsheets
- Personal communication skills
- Must work daily with other designers and communicate effectively
- Must be collaborative on tasks and accept input/criticism productively
- Must be highly proactive in finishing out tasks
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.