WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room! Monolith: For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title! Turbine: Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile game. Avalanche: Avalanche Software was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment from Disney in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE is a companion video game to the upcoming Cars 3, in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. WB Games SF: Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team. WB Games New York: WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
Posting Job Description
The Junior Artist is responsible for assisting the Cinematics Team Animators on tasks relating to the facial animation pipeline. They will be managing and testing facial animation in-game and learning to tweak in-house and outsourced animation using Maya to obtain a higher quality.
- Validate facial animation works and looks correct in the game
- Assemble delivered facial animation into game ready packages
- Produce facial animation, or edit facial performance data
- Tweak delivered facial animation to achieve higher shippable quality
- Participate in team content reviews
- Assist in Motion Capture shoots as needed
- Troubleshooting and seeking solutions to issues
- Input on the facial animation pipeline and it’s practices
- Evaluating delivered content for technical issues and artistic quality
- Manage daily time to achieve all required tasks
- Previous internship or related position a plus
- Some amount of formal animation education such as BFA\BS from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required. Applicants must have either graduated from or be enrolled in such a program.
- Familiarity animating with at least one Industry Standard 3D package required (Maya, Motion Builder,etc.)
- Familiarity in facial/body animation.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Premier, etc.
- Ability to take direction well
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Highly organized. Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and able to spot small mistakes quickly
Desired Skills and Pluses
- Familiar with the Unreal 4 Engine
- Experience with scripting
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.