WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Posting Job Description
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc is looking for a Cinematic Artist to join our team.
The Artist, Cinematics is responsible for assisting the Cinematics Team Animators on tasks relating to MoCap sessions and processing, body and cloth animation. They will be managing and testing assets within proprietary tools and learning to polish outsourced animation using Maya and Motion Builder to obtain the required quality.
- Assist in the execution of motion capture sessions
- (Creation of take lists, prepare animatics, assembly of supporting reference material, guide actors through ROMs, document marker placement, record all takes and take notes, rename and organize all reference video)
- Build Crowd\Combat animation library
- (Comb all existing Seven11 animation and convert background combat and crowd into a reusable library for DLC and future projects)
- Polish and refine body, prop, and creature animation
- (polish based on final Character and ENV assets, problem solve and fix outsourcer animation issues)
- Create cloth/hair animation and simulation
- Assemble raw and processed motion capture data for delivery to outsourcers
- (deliver\assign files to outsourcers, update all mocap status in shotgun, problem solve all outsourcer data issues)
- Assist with Animation reviews and kick-off
- (write up initial notes pass for Director and Senior review)
- Validate assets work and function correctly in the game
- Participate in Team content reviews
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Some amount of formal animation education such as BFA\BS from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required. Applicants must have either graduated from or be enrolled in such a program.
- Familiarity animating with at least one Industry Standard 3D package required (Maya, MAX, Motionbuilder)
- Ability to take direction well
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Highly organized. Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and able to spot small mistakes quickly
- Familiar with Motionbuilder and/or Layered Animation techniques
- Experience with cloth simulation techniques
- Experience working with motion capture data
- Familiar with the Unreal Engine 3 or 4
- Familiar with Source Control Software (Perforce, CVS, SourceSafe, etc.)
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.