Global Trade & Customs Manager
NETGEAR is in search of a Global Trade & Customs Manager to lead its trade customs programs on a global basis. This role requires a self-starter with proven abilities to build a global trade customs function within a medium sized company.
- Design and implement internal process improvements with respect to an array of government compliance programs including but not limited to: ACE Enhancements, Broker Management, Customs Valuation, Global Know Your Customer Screening practices.
- Monitor changes to US customs regulations and keep management appraised of any issues and recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Monitor customs regulations application in other countries as relevant to global operation and advise the business accordingly.
- Maintain global compliance policies and procedures and ensure compliance including internal control testing. Conduct post entry audits to ensure compliance.
- Determine HTS/ECCN classifications for all new products and ensure correct ECCN for all countries where products are imported. Responsible for all CCATS submissions, export license applications and all other related activities in order to support global trade compliance operations.
- Determine ADD/CVD applicability for new products.
- Manage approved brokers to ensure they comply with instructions provided to clear shipments.
- Manage the recordkeeping program to ensure all required records by law are maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in trade compliance.
- Understanding of US Customs Regulations and the Harmonized Tariff Code as well as knowledge and experience with the regional regulations of the EU, China, Singapore, Australia, India and Taiwan.
- Experience with Section 301 duties required.
- Experience with processes for classifications under 9801 and 9802 required.
- Experience with reconciliation process for US Customs.
- Thorough working knowledge of Export Administration Regulations
- Ability to work cross functionally with supply chain organization to implement process improvements to mitigate risk and improve internal controls.
- Experience in developing and conducting training
- Ability to manage and maintain corporate processes and procedures manual on a global basis and ensure compliance.
- Experience with ERP trade management systems.
- US Customs Broker License.
This position is based in either San Jose, California. NETGEAR will consider candidates desiring to work on a remote basis.