(Closed) University Partnerships Manager
N3rd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. We believe that a successful sales team makes connections with its University/Collegiate partners and creates long-lasting relationships. As the University Partnerships Manager for our esports company, you will be responsible for prospecting, partnering and ultimately winning contracts with university partners. You are responsible for initiating a contract or agreement conversations with Universities and working with stakeholders cross-functionally in the NSG HQ and in the field, to successfully structure contracts to benefit both NSG and our partner universities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively communicate our value proposition through proposals and presentations to potential Collegiate/University partners
- Generate leads and opportunities for NSG in the University space.
- Represent NSG to university contacts, strengthening the brand and ability to provide services to the university
- Build relationships with universities (NACE, University Contacts) and develop a prioritized plan for reaching them
- Represent NSG at events (tabling, safety trainings, conferences)
- Fulfill all university obligations required within operating agreements in conjunction with the Business Development and Live Events teams
- Effectively leverage cross functional teams across the organization, including front line employees in the field
- Make sound business decisions, with limited or incomplete data
- Anticipate issues, respond to changes with agility and based on experience
- Succinctly communicate with all stakeholders, including executives
- Strong leader - who takes development seriously and invests in others' success
- Seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers in our industry.
- Developing the tools to grow our company’s product reach
- Forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace.
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years experience as a sales associate
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding sales goals and quotas
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Number-oriented with strong math skills and well-developed business sense
- Extremely well informed about the market in which he or she works
- Able to accurately forecast sales predictions and shifts in the marketplace, both on a national scale and also for the individual regions under his or her charge
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Maintain close, trusting relationships with those under their charge and facilitate open communication between branches and employees
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in business-related discipline
- Educational sales experience a plus
- University Relations/Development experience at a VP level or above
- Experience closing 5-6 figure deals
- A thorough understanding of the esports industry
- Experience within a start-up culture
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite technology (Microsoft Office or Google)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times. EOE, DFWP
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.