Store Associate - Entry Level
Localhost provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like-minded amateur competitors.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the daily cleanliness, organization, and restocking of Localhost inventory on a consistent basis
- Act as the front-line representatives of Localhost, greeting customers when they arrive and providing an exemplary level of customer service at all times
- Handle cash transactions and maintain proper transactional procedures
- Answer phones and handle general inquiries at Localhost
- Provide technical support knowledge when needed
- Opening and closing of Localhost as needed
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Retail and/or administrative experience a plus
- Preferred Experience
- Knowledge of video games/esports
Skills and Abilities
- Customer focused; pleasant.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and efficient
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit