Marketing Intern - Summer 2021
Nerd Street Gamers (NSG) provides opportunities for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports, through a national network of esports facilities and events. As a marketing intern with NSG, you will be an essential member of the marketing team and will spend 4 weeks with each of the core operational functions within the marketing department. As an essential member of the team you will learn and apply industry standard social media marketing, communication, public relations and digital marketing practices. This unique opportunity will give you the chance to gain valuable insight and experience into an esports organization.
The summer 2021 internship program covers a minimum of 12 weeks, from Late May to Mid August, 2021. Start and end dates can vary depending on circumstance. Interns will be expected to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work.
As a member of the NSG internship program, you will be a critical part of helping to fulfill our mission of bringing access, integrity and opportunity to gamers from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact with popular brands and trends
- Drafting press releases and blog posts related to Nerd Street Gamers updates, partnerships, and relevant media content
- Assist in content creation including but not limited to memes, Tik Tok, short video content, and graphics
- Assist in drafting email communications for Nerd Street Gamers’ newsletter and promotions
- Report on paid and organic digital marketing efforts
- Assist in the creation of marketing plans for partnerships including social posts, graphics requests, and press
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Currently a student at an NA college or university.
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Strong understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, and LinkedIn)
- Experience with Discord is a plus
What We Like to See:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to self-motivate in a startup environment.