(Closed) Esports Broadcast Producer
Nerd Street Gamers provides an opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like-minded amateur competitors.We are looking for an Event Streamer (Contractor / Freelancer) who can run streams from our Local Host Denver location using provided equipment. Event Streamer responsibilities are wide ranging within an objective to produce the highest quality broadcast content possible. Event Streamer is responsible for minor set-up and breaking down equipment needed for streams and coordinating with Nerd Street Gamers on execution for each stream. The Event Streamer will help with coordinating Castors and work to make sure they understand the vision of Nerd Street Gamers for each stream.Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all levels of live broadcast content in coordination with the marketing and content teams.
- Execute run of shows including the insertion of graphics packages and commercial spots during the broadcast
- Recruit, retain, and manage an internal network of Castors
- Follow through with players, talent, and influencers to gather and implement feedback to improve processes and quality.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Experience using broadcast equipment including cameras and fly-packs
- Understanding of basic A/V signal routing and principals
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of all popular social media platforms will be required for communication with talent and players.
- IT / Networking skills and understanding
- 2+ years in the esports industry, ideally working directly with talent or influencers.
- Familiarity with the esports industry and ability to engage the community via Reddit, Discord, Social media, & Twitch
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Intellectual/Social demands:
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including engaging and directing casters and players and representing the brand in a positive light.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and production equipment; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.