Senior Environment Artist
nDreams is a world-leading virtual reality game developer and publisher, combining innovation with excellence. Our projects are a leap forward for VR and for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We’re the studio behind the #1 Selling, Best of E3 Award-winning, Phantom: Covert Ops and we’ve got several exciting projects planned for 2021 and beyond, including Fracked, our recently announced PS VR exclusive. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
Are you an experienced artist looking to build amazing new worlds? We are searching for a talented Senior Environment Artist to become a key part of our growing VR studio. In this role you’ll be responsible for creating believable and coherent game worlds and inspiring the people around you to ensure we’re delivering incredible virtual reality games and experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?:
- Creating remarkable in-game environments. Interpreting the concept and style in innovative and creative ways and delivering these worlds in a quality final product.
- Collaborating closely with level designers to evangelise worlds that are built from the outset to fuse great creative and design, in order to deliver outstanding creative gameplay.
- Effectively compose lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more, to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote the player. Work closely with other disciplines (VFX, audio, character etc.) to bring these to life in a holistic way.
- Through strong execution, demonstrate the potential for strong environment art, in order to inspire both the environment team and members of the wider studio.
- A senior environment artist demonstrably experienced in creating cohesive and believable worlds across different styles and multiple shipped products. Highly experienced - 4 years + and/or a relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Someone who is self-driven and autonomous with the proven ability to interpret and translate art direction consistently, and with a strong sense of composition, lighting, form and colour.
- Highly experienced environment artist, with creative whilst efficient knowledge in the use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.). Ability to utilise a wide array of techniques in varied ways for 3D asset creation.
- A team player with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude. Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality.
- Strong illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus when integrated into the world building process. If not, experience working closely with in-house concept teams to evolve a coherent world.
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. We’re proud of our culture – come and see why!
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our newly refurbished open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The role is based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, but with a unique Flex+ policy which incorporates options for flexible, hybrid working from home and studio. The studio is within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.