Senior Build Engineer
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
Online worlds are an always-on service for our players. ArenaNet’s Release Management and Engineering Team takes great pride in maintaining and authoring critical path systems that keep pace with our live games, with an emphasis on predictability, stability, maintainability, and efficiency.
We are seeking meticulous and deliberate people like you who are workflow experts that love to use technology and engineering to design and improve core, product, workflow systems from start to finish and beyond!
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced build engineer who can manage our multi-branch Guild Wars 2 build systems. You can prioritize the health of the live game over convenient shortcuts and make tough decisions on the fly when needed. You are passionate about automating existing systems and dedicated to supporting the systems of your predecessors in keeping game development moving. You thrive in a culture of engineering excellence and enjoy helping others to achieve their dreams!
WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Passionate about CI/CD best practices, methodologies, workflows, and pipelines
- You have experience managing 5 or more concurrent code/content branches, and their associated, automated build systems
- You are fluent in Python
- You are capable with at least one other scripting systems such as bash, batch, PowerShell, LUA, Ruby, Groovy
- You are familiar with C/C++, C#, or Java
- You are very experienced with Perforce and familiar with Git
- You are operationally knowledgeable and competent in Windows and Windows Server
- You are familiar with Jira, Jenkins, Visual Studio, XCode, PyCharm, IntelliJ, and using/integrating API’s and SDKs
- You are a strong self-planner with excellent time management, communication, debugging/troubleshooting skills, and are not afraid to navigate unfamiliar, complex systems and improve them
- Develop and maintain stable, multi-platform, scalable, build and automation workflow systems for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Collaborate with engineer team leads, architects, IT, QA, and production to identify, implement, refine, and maintain our workflows and processes
- Iterate on and improve current build processes to increase efficiency and dependability
- Troubleshoot and fix systems, software, and infrastructure, often not your own
- Strategize and advise product/tool workflows, branching, release lifecycles, and CI/CD methodologies
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.