WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHO YOU ARE
The QA Lead works with the QA Manager to implement policies and procedures for our functional testing team. The QA Lead will be responsible for helping with training and mentoring of testers, as well as daily tasking and monitoring of the team that they are assigned. Additionally the QA Lead helps to ensure that all assigned products meet or exceed the quality levels set by NCSOFT and its subsidiaries.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The ideal candidate will:
- Assist the QA Manager in building and training the functional Quality Assurance team
- Monitor the work of testers to ensure quality and efficiency
- Create and maintain constant communication and positive working relationships between QA and other departments
- Prioritize daily operational tasks required to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide the QA team with test plans for testing where applicable
- Help the QA Manager to develop policies and procedures to increase the effectiveness of the team
- Keep all testers up-to-date on changes of policy and procedure, along with all game updates
- Provide management with metrics, analyses, and other relevant reports regarding the quality of testing work.
- Complete QA ownership and knowledge of assigned project.
- Main point of contact for all QA issues relating to assigned project.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Able to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional manner and ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, team environment
- Familiarity with standard practices and procedures in the quality assurance field
- Familiarity with PC gaming and multiplayer online gaming including experience with the current generation of MMORPG titles
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Ability to train others using both in-person and long distance methods such as email, phone, or video conferencing
- Schedule flexibility
- Written and spoken fluency in both English and Korean is a plus
- 5+ years working in an internal QA capacity
- 1+ years of prior experience in a leadership or supervisory position
- Previous MMORPG testing experience preferred
- ISTQB experience is a plus.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines, and workload.