Lead QA Tester
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Test games for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and absence of defects
- Execute functionality test plans and checklists as assigned
- Log and regress all defects found during testing into the appropriate defect tracking software
- Provide clear and detailed written reports of bugs and reproduction steps to the development team
- Promptly escalate serious defects
- Ability to plan own work and independently prioritize tasks
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Fluent in Korean and English
- Familiarity with PC and Mobile gaming and multiplayer online gaming
- At least 5 year working in an internal QA capacity
- Able to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional manner and ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, team environment
- Ability to be responsible and accountable while working on multiple complex tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Schedule flexibility, including the ability to work occasional overtime and weekends.
- Experience with Jira bug tracking software is recommended, but not required
Physical Demands Of The Position
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload
This role is available for remote work in CA, WA and TX or onsite working in our Newport Beach, CA or Bellevue, WA office.