We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHO YOU ARE
ArenaNet, creator of the block-buster RPG, Guild Wars 2, is looking for associate game designers with a passion for online games to work on Guild Wars 2. Candidates must have extensive game playing experience across a wide variety of game genres and be able to script missions, quests and open world content using our in-house editing/scripting tools under the supervision of a senior designer. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arenanet.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement new and exciting content for Guild Wars 2 under the supervision of your lead.
- Solve game design problems in a collaborative environment
- Script missions and events using our proprietary tools
- Write first pass dialog for missions, events and NPCs
- Playtest and iterate on designs in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate with artists, programmers and other members of the design team
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- At least 2 years of experience working in a content design capacity for MMO’s or open world games
- Experience using game level and world building tools
- Experience with scripting languages
- Must work well in a creative team environment
- Must be an avid gamer with extensive experience playing games
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Creative writing ability
- Familiarity with Word and Excel