Director, Brand Management
We are currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, passionate, and experienced Brand Management Director to join our team. The Brand Management Director will be responsible for leading the product marketing and go-to-market process while driving the overall business for our highly successful massively multiplayer online franchise Guild Wars developed by ArenaNet.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Brand Director, you will have full responsibility for all product and brand management, territory level “go-to-market”, consumer targeting, positioning, marketing strategies and innovative programs across the globe. This Director position will be responsible for enhancing the NCSOFT West brand’s awareness as the publisher of our primary MMO’s and any future IP’s while infusing equity and demand generation leading the strategy for how to promote and operate our live service games.
This position, along with their full team of brand managers, are the owners of the complete title level P&L’s from a revenue & overall marketing and advertising standpoint, managing spending across all cross functional marketing teams.
- Establish the brand identity, its values and themes, positioning, target market, etc.
- Conduct market research in collaboration with the rest of the Marketing teams to understand target users, market trends, formulate product vision and positioning as well as produce comprehensive forecasts.
- Work with game teams to identify, test, and measure highest-impact campaigns to drive positive revenue, reach and retention enhancements.
- Own departmental budgets, and work with internal partners to forecast and actualize based on company needs.
- Act as a leader and manage the communication flow of information to executive management, Product/Development, Commerce, Public Relations, Content Marketing and Headquarters on strategy and day-to-day execution.
- Develop communication timeline, milestones, KPIS, and budgets and surface them to relevant cross functional teams.
- Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation.
- Shape goals at the department, team and individual level.
- Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work.
- Collaborate with internal and external creative groups to develop key marketing materials and components, such as brand artwork and logo, style guides, advertising creative CG and gameplay trailers, product websites, promotional merchandise, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required, MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in brand or product marketing experience in digital, F2P, retail and/or subscription businesses.
- Experience with live services games a must.
- Experience with PC games and MMOs required or similar background.
- Experience launching products in a Global Marketplace and understanding the nuances of different markets and cultures.
- Broad understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, pricing, promotions, sales, community, media, and distribution.
- Extensive experience in acquisition, retention, conversion, and monetization marketing.
- Experience using market data to steer product planning and communication initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external and global partners.
- Ability to manage up and down, working closely with company leadership
- Ability to translate analytics and creative performance into actionable items.
- Strong project and time management skills with a proven track record of working with cross functional teams and managing direct reports.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a natural ability to clearly articulate ideas.
- A deep understanding of the video game production process and entertainment trends.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, community, and public relations activities.