Chief Development Officer
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CDO will be responsible for the games business strategy, creative development and production execution across web, native premium, and emerging platform experiences. Must be a big-thinker and problem-solver, with the practical ability to deliver game titles to market considering both customer and business opportunities.
The CDO is a results-oriented leader who sets the example for excellence by taking ownership, being accountable, and championing all games in NCSOFT West’s portfolio. This role will also include identifying opportunities for extending our business into other emerging and adjacent markets, digital platform services and AAA opportunities in our core business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive Gaming revenue generation, development, and management.
- Develop and drive strategic initiatives to grow NCSOFT West’s game audiences and generate revenue across multiple platforms in the US.
- Participate in short- and long-term strategic and operational planning for the organization.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth for game studios.
- Establish process for effectively incubating new games within the NC West ecosystem as well as conceptualizing, planning, establishing and approving new games.
- Monitor the company’s gaming market position, competitive movements, customer trends and other areas which may affect the organization and the portfolio of businesses.
- Own the game studios’ departmental budgets, P&L statement review, and overall financial results for functional area of operations.
- Lead the development teams to measure and optimize business performance, including strategic planning, competitive analysis, performance tracking and reporting, and a variety of ad-hoc strategic corporate initiatives.
- Cultivate an environment and develop best practices for knowledge creation, documentation, and transfer within and across business units to foster a culture of success.
- Partner with HQ to optimize NCSOFT’s global strategy.
- Collaborate with CEO to develop and implement plans for the game studio infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance studio management team.
- Accountability to oversee, track and manage the activities of the game studios to ensure that project goals are completed on time.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Fifteen (15) years or more experience in a leadership role, which includes ten (10) years of experience in online gaming
- Proven track record of starting new practice areas and achieving targets of 8 figures or greater
- Proven people management and experience with leading diverse teams
- Demonstrated competency in the areas of group collaboration, analytical thinking, and strategy
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication
- Exemplary written, verbal, interpersonal and leadership skills
- An expert understanding of modern game development
- Decisive but flexible; able to accept criticism, perform and adapt quickly in a creative, rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solver, focused on results and finding creative ways to overcome obstacles
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.