(Closed) Head of Content & Media
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The Head of Content & Media will primarily be responsible for league content strategy, creation and distribution. This position will also be part of a small but nimble team and will require input into wider League strategy and discussions
- Lead League strategy for content across all platforms
- Manage relationship with media distribution partners including Twitch
- Analyze data to continual improve live broadcast product
- Manage third party content agencies servicing the League
- Design content concepts and activations for marketing partners
- Play integral role in the team tasked on selling and distribution League content globally
- Lead creative direction of all content for the League, including social media
- Manage Production & Events Manager, and support his/ her operations
- Create the story for the league via the broadcast and social channels
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the gaming industry
- Solid technological knowledge, with specific experience around gaming, computers and content production suites
- Experience managing third party agencies and vendors
- Has a strong network in the gaming / Esports industry
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, with an aptitude for learning new computer systems
- Experience with gaming hardware
- Passion for video games
- Production experience (preferred)
Educational Background Required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.