(Closed) Content & Programming Management Lead
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This role is responsible for content planning and providing post-production and live broadcast content support for the NBA 2K League format, and production needs surrounding live game and packaged league programming. This role will also manage the programming and broadcasting optimization strategy for the 2K League.
- Work with the Production and Events lead in developing live game broadcast content
- Develop programming optimization strategy for 2K League game broadcasts to maximize streaming and viewership
- Identify elements and potential storylines from NBA 2K League live games and tentpole events throughout the season
- Develop KPIs and reporting metrics for league programming platforms and report on and analyze (quantitatively and qualitatively) viewership and engagement KPIs for all league programming
- Research and introduce new content ideas for the 2K League’s social and digital platforms.
- Act as a key player in cross-disciplinary discussions related to the development of digital programming with a deep understanding of physical production and digital platforms.
- Help lead significant league events (Combine, Draft, Finals) from a programming and content perspective
- Design content concepts and activations for marketing partners
- 8-10 years of producing or directing experience required
- Strong creative concepting and developing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well across departments, with clients and with business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Analytics and Technical Production background a plus
- Prior eSports/Gaming experience a plus
- Required Education
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.