Our Navigator Games team is growing! While continuing to develop our premier mobile RPG, Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast, we’ve partnered with Square Enix London Mobile to bring Avatar: the Last Airbender to the mobile universe! We are looking to expand upon our existing talent to bring stylized worlds and characters to life through immersive gameplay.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities. Our studio is founded on the values of trust, adventure, can-do-attitude, resourcefulness and going the extra mile.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in Canada.
The Sr Game Producer has a passion and complex understanding for game development. Partnering with the Head of Development, this role oversees the game feature development from a multi-disciplinary level. A key component of this role is to manage the critical dependencies between the groups and solve issues.
The Sr Game Producer will be the production partner who collaborates directly with domain focus drivers and leads and project managers - providing the ‘glue’ that can help to translate function point specifications into time and task breakdowns.
This is a full time permanent position with benefits. Our Vancouver Studio is located downtown at 1220 - 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS:
- With guidance from the Head of Development, drives milestone planning, execution, dependency tracking and evaluation of priorities.
- Be the voice of the product owners, both internal and external.
- Understand the vision of the creative aspects of the product and help translate that vision under the constraints of budget and time scope.
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to define the high-level product plan, product deliverables, key milestones, and resource requirements.
- Regularly communicate goals to the team and motivate them to execute on time and at a high quality level.
- Reviews scope from a production perspective to ensure priorities are clear and blockers addressed in a timely manner.
- Drives proactive risk management and mitigation with senior leadership and department leads.
- Create, update, and present status and information to the Studio Leadership team.
- Spearhead initiatives to improve production efficiencies and processes.
- Management of both internal and outsourced content.
- Partner with other leaders to maintain a healthy team, grow key talent, set team culture and build a highly engaged team.
- Promote the values of our business within the studio: trust, adventure, can-do-attitude, resourcefulness, go the extra mile.
- Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, changes and feedback to all levels
- Once the game has launched, champion and grow the use of data for metrics, impact assessments, insights of the live service and its operations.
- Engage and communicate with other partner teams including marketing, finance, brand owners, game analytics, and customer service.
HOW WE’LL KNOW YOUR A FIT:
- Experienced producer with 5+ years experience in a large-scale game or technology
- Managed several disciplines or departments through project game phases: prototype, pre-production, production and soft launch.
- Knowledge of a game’s development lifecycle, and when / how to begin key testing phases eg. performance / network /compliance etc.
- Strong experience with mobile F2P video games.
- A love for video games, with knowledge of the different genres and a preference for RPG mobile games.
- Strong leadership presence with top-notch communication skills
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Monday.com– dashboards, filters, agile boards, admin setup
- Experience working with senior leadership & stakeholders
- Resilience to work in a flexible, start-up environment
- Inspires a collaborative environment and fosters team building
- Self-starter who enjoys juggling multiple projects at once
- Calm under pressure with systematic approach to problem solving
- An inherent ‘can do’ attitude, supporting and inspiring others