Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The 3D Animator will bring our characters and associated props to life on all our games. Working in collaboration with the art team, this person will set the quality bar for 3D animation, and look for opportunities to raise it. Artistic talent, experience, effective communication and teamwork are essential components of a successful applicant.
- Bring characters to life and show excellence in motion in line with role and personality of that character within the game
- Design solid animations that are optimized, and streamlined for integration into the game;
- Ensure best practices and quality is maintained, improved and documented to improve Art team efficiency;
- Collaborate and iterate with a passionate team of artists, technical artists, engineers and designers to craft games for mobile and tablet devices;
- Follow the existing art style and assist in asset creation, ensuring concept art meets technical and visual quality standards;
- Clearly document workflows that will be used by internal and external teams, experience with Jira and Confluence a plus;
- Participate in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques;
- Keep up to date on the latest industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques;
- Deliver artwork and elements within deadlines set by production.
- 3+ years experience with animation in the video games industry.
- Post secondary education in art, animation or a related field.
- Working knowledge in animation techniques and a proficiency in 3d software packages, particularly Maya. Unity experience an asset.
- A strong knowledge of anatomy, movement and basic real world physics and how to apply these to animation
- Advanced experience with digital illustration software (ie. Photoshop)
- Working familiarity with Scrum/Agile project processes
- Self-motivated, collaborative attitude in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in BC.
Our Vancouver Studio located downtown at 1220 – 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.