2D Game Artist (PH)
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The creative 2D Game Artist will be involved in the concept and design of characters, environments, props, and icons for all of our games. Working with a highly collaborative team, this person will take designs from concept through to final production asset.
- Ideate and create high quality 2D characters, props, icons and other assets in line with visual targets and brand of fantasy IP.
- Ensure that all art assets follow the strict requirements for resolution, file size, color palette to support in-game performance.
- Plan designs with a focus on rigging, animation requirements for implementation.
- Produce clear and concise visual targets that will be shared amongst the team to demonstrate intended direction for any given feature or asset.
- Follow the existing art style and assist in asset creation, ensuring concept art meets technical and visual quality standards;
- Clearly document workflows that will be used by internal and external teams, experience with Jira and Confluence a plus;
- Participate in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques;
- Keep up to date on the latest industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques;
- Deliver artwork and elements within deadlines set by production.
- 2+ years of experience in the video game industry
- Familiarity working with Unity.
- Solid background in traditional art, Illustration, graphic art, and hand drawing.
- Advanced experience with digital illustration software (ie. Photoshop)
- Working familiarity with Scrum/Agile project processes
- Self-motivated, collaborative attitude in a team environment
- Organize and work on multiple tasks in an agile environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in BC.
This is a full time 1-year project hire position with benefits. Our Vancouver Studio located downtown at 1220 - 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year