Visual Effects Artist
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Visualize, create and implement real-time visual effects
- Create effects that work optimally on the target platform
- Be proactive and self-motivated, seeking out tasks remaining to be done
- Collaborate with other effects artists, and the rest of the development team to make the best game possible
- Help influence further development of internal technologies and artistic capabilities
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Strong technical knowledge and artistic abilities working with sprite type particles and materials within a game engine
- Experience making optimized effects for video game hardware
- Strong sense of form, color, timing, and composition
- Advanced problem solving techniques and patience to resolve the numerous hurdles that present themselves while working to achieve the highest quality effects
- Natural tendency to take on a problem and to work with others until the problem is resolved
- Python scripting
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.