For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Embark on Naughty Dog’s newest adventure – the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game! This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft a unique experience that will be enjoyed and shared by a passionate, global community of players. Join now and be an integral member in building an incredible game whose impact will last years in the future.
- Work with the UI designer and programming team to implement HUD and UI elements
- Building, maintaining and debugging UI global systems across the entire game
- Integrate assets, implement, and test functionality of UI components
- Coordinate with back-end programmers to ensure features work properly with servers
- Perform technical problem-solving and optimization of the UI
- Implement pixel perfect UI to help achieve the desire visual quality within the constraints
- Help to establish and optimize our UI tools pipeline
- Work with QA team to develop UI test cases
- Collaborate with UI and Game Designers to design systems and solve complex user-experience challenges
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Strong coding ability (Computer Science / software Engineering degree or similar work experience.)
- Proficient in Python, Lua, or other equivalent scripting language
- Experience in C/C++
- 1+ year(s) of game industry experience working in UI or related field
- Shipped at least one AAA titles from the beginning to end working in UI or related field
- Self-sufficient, able to manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Experience with game HUD, navigation display, inventory systems, and other player progression systems
- Familiarity with UI editors (Unity, Unreal or other)
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills with teams
- Strong math skills with an emphasis on linear algebra and applied mathematics for game development
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- Multiplayer experience with different platforms or games shipped for different platforms
- Experience and strong understanding of object-oriented programming design principles
- Passion for making great games with strong attention to detail and quality
- Comfortable with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of UI design patterns
**Must Include GitHub code samples.
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and/or a design test. To be considered, please include a link to your GitHub code samples.