This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
We are looking for a temporary (contract), on-site mid to senior level Sound Designer who has demonstrated excellence in both creative and technical work. The ideal candidate possesses a strong cinematic style and obsessive attention to detail, as well as passion for field recording and creating bespoke assets for each project. A strong, clear communication style is required as collaboration is an essential feature to making games at Naughty Dog.
- Create sound assets for many different systems and scenarios
- Implement sound assets using our proprietary tools
- Work with and help manage outsourcing partners
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years game audio experience with at least one shipped AAA credit
- Expert command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, Scream, or similar authoring environment - a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus
- Fielding Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical
- Excellent communication skills – able to give and request assistance with problems and issues across the development team
- Great team attitude – collaborative and client focused - you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere
- Experience with sound editing/design in linear media (film/tv/ads)
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test.