For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Embark on Naughty Dog’s newest adventure – the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game! We’re seeking to bring the same level of ambition and quality of our signature, story-driven games to this unique multiplayer project. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft an experience that will be enjoyed and shared by millions of players around the world.
Our powerful scripting language is foundational both to our trademark polish as well as the rapid prototyping of new systems and mechanics. If you know how to get impressive results from a game engine quickly and are excited join an innovative multiplayer team, we’d love to talk to you!
- Prototyping, implementing, and owning live events, game modes, and complex gameplay systems
- Collaborating with the Design team to conceptualize, prototype, implement, tune, and balance gameplay mechanics and systems
- Communicate with animation, programming, and art departments to effectively produce the assets and code support required for systems or set-ups
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Significant programming ability (Computer Science undergraduate degree preferred)
- Knowledge of 3D math
- 5+ Years AAA game development experience
- Experience with C++, C#, Lua, or other scripting language
- Experience owning technical design on a system/feature in a shipped title
- Deep understanding of multiplayer gaming landscape
- Self-starter with excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Willingness to take design direction when offered, brainstorm, iterate and come up with fun and creative solutions
- Understanding of networked programming paradigms.
- Experience developing third-person action games
- Experience with 3D level editors
- Understanding of narrative principles, and conveying emotion through gameplay
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete a design test.