Online Systems Programmer (Game Team)
Taking the meticulously crafted themes Naughty Dog’s games are known for and integrating a social and competitive experience offers both opportunities and challenges. In growing our team, we are looking for programmers focused on architecting and implementing core technologies that manage this online experience. We want someone who is passionate about online games and is willing to jump into a variety of systems including server technologies, core game networking, matchmaking, player data storage, and virtual store transactions while maintaining a high standard for reliability and information security.
The ideal candidate is driven and self-reliant, taking major components from concept, through implementation, to deployment. Collaborate with fellow programmers to consider how your systems will scale with the player base and how to quickly react when something goes wrong. Work with designers to develop requirements and create tools and processes for integrating their data with what you have constructed. Continue to develop everything after launch that you’ve helped put in place so our community can thrive.
- Architect new online features both for the game and surrounding services
- Work closely with Design to create a robust ecosystem with game features and background services
- Integrate new features into a scaling architecture that can support a large player base
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Thorough understanding of server architectures and networking protocols used for online games
- Possess the ability to collaborate and drive advancements in an online infrastructure
- Shipped at least one title with responsibilities in client, server, or database programming
- Strong knowledge of information security
- Experience working in Linux / Unix
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D math
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional online games
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview.