Level Lighting Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Level lighting artist will be creating lighting and post effects for background lighting
- Develop the lighting scheme, color-palette, post-processing-fx, and general visual mood that turns unlit 3-D environment models into awesome looking and visually compelling 3D game environments
- Work with modelers and texture/shader artists to optimize the visual look and run-time performance of the Environments
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Proven industry experience in Film or Games generating final picture
- General competency in Autodesk Maya and knowledge of Global Illumination
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance / exposure and color-theory
- Some experience with generating light-maps, pre-lighting or baked lighting is desired
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.