Environment Technical Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
At Naughty Dog, Rendering TDs are critical in developing visual features and driving the look of the game. Candidates are half-artist and half-programmer, with enough programming and math experience to write clean code, but with an artist’s eye for visual polish.
- Develop the team’s shader tech. Implement high-level features (example: cloth, wetness, mud packages). Also maintain low-level shader code organization and optimization
- Develop high-level lighting and post processing features (example: film grain, health effects, underwater rendering)
- Write well-architected code that can be built upon for years to come
- Support the content team in debugging issues with tools, assets, or framerate
- Work between all art departments (environment, characters, VFX, etc.) on shared technology
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Proficiency in HLSL or GLSL shading languages
- Ability to write robust code, both from a functional and architectural standpoint
- Strong artistic background and content development skills (can be texturing, lighting, vfx, or any other area where you have experience, but a strong artistic eye is a necessity!)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to implement the vision of the department Lead
- Good oral and written skill
- Intermediate experience with C++
- Experience in Maya/Python programming
- Experience in other content creation software, as a user or tools developer; Houdini, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, etc.
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete an art test.