Dialogue Coordinator / Editor
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
We are looking for temporary (contract), on-site mid to senior level Dialogue Coordinator/Editor with a passion for narrative and an extreme attention to detail. This person would be responsible for ingesting recorded dialogue, editing and making "picks" based on notes and direction from the Creative Director and/or Dialogue Lead. The picks are then passed onto the Dialogue Designer for implementation. When audio files are deemed ready by the Dialogue Lead, the Editor is then expected to level and/or master those files to the specs required for the final game asset.
- Prepare and manage ADR materials needed for recording, edit sessions, and select takes based on notes in ADR scripts.
- Provide assets and audio stems for the animation department
- Help master general, gameplay, and in-game cinematic voice assets
- Ensure the overall quality and implementation of all voice assets
- Work with the sound editors to make sure assets are available for animation tagging and scripting into the game
- Work with the Localization Manager to make sure collaboration between the various territories runs smoothly
- Work with the programming department to help build and implement tools and pipelines
- Work directly with the Dialogue Lead and Audio Director to make sure the overall audio and performance aesthetic is achieved
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years game audio experience with at least one shipped AAA credit
- High degree of proficiency with any DAW (Reaper preferred)
- Strong understanding of digital audio theory and how it impacts dialogue recordings
- Strong knowledge of ADR/Recording best practices
- Strong dialogue editorial experience
- Proficient in use of Izotope RX or similar
- Strong understanding of dialogue mastering
- Experienced in dialogue database structuring, metadata and organization
- Audio scripting and implementation experience
- Experience with Sound Design
- Knowledge of LUA, Python, LISP or similar languages
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test.