Cinematic Lighting Artist (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
We are looking for talented artists who will be able to light cinematics that can meet Naughty Dog standards.
- Develop character and environment lighting schemes to create visually compelling and awesome looking cinematics
- Work with modelers, animators, texture and FX artists to optimize the visual look of the cinematic
- Works with level lighter to ensure integration with gameplay
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Proven industry experience in Film or Games generating final picture
- General competency in industry standard software such as Autodesk Maya and Nuke
- General knowledge of HDR Tone mapping
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance/exposure and color-theory
- Strong artistic skills to interpret concept art, and bring the mood and color-palette to the cinematic
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.