Backend Programmer (Game Team)
As a Backend Programmer, you will be a part of a team dedicated to building connected services for players, providing the ecosystem that surrounds the player experience. You will have the freedom and responsibility to contribute to overall architecture plans. You will write code for handling a large amount of data, including player progression, customization, and analytics, with an eye toward visibility for both players and the development team. With the growth of micro-services, you will help write code for a variety of backend applications and develop deployment strategies to maximize efficiency. We’re looking for someone passionate about creating a social experience for players to connect with one another and enjoy the game we have poured our hearts into.
- Work closely with the Design team to take ideas for creating the ecosystem and turn them into features and services
- Write code for storing and retrieving large amounts of data, making this data easily surfaced to both players and developers
- Build data entry tools for designers to iterate on parts of the system such as the store
- Use profiling and debugging tools to iterate on services to ensure availability and efficiency
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Experience writing code in Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Go, or any of the many languages used to build back-end services
- Strong understanding of database design and query optimizations using both relational databases, such as MySql, and key-value stores, such as Redis
- Knowledge in networking with an understanding of latency and bandwidth
- Helped deploy a live service and/or was responsible for helping to maintain one
- Strong knowledge of C and C++
- Passion for Online Games
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview.