Associate Lighting TD
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
At Naughty Dog, Lighting TDs play a crucial part in ensuring the Lighting team has the tools and tech that it needs to work as efficiently as possible. That may mean writing new tools, establishing standards and workflows, debugging issues, or diving in on a complicated lighting setup – whatever it takes to help the team work as smoothly as possible!
- Create tools to streamline artist workflows (example: asset management tools, pipeline automation scripts)
- Ensure tool interfaces are user-friendly and effective
- Create well-architected systems that can be built upon for years to come
- Support the lighting team in debugging issues with tools or assets
- Create lighting setups that require high technical skill or specialist knowledge (set piece moments, special effects, etc.)
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong experience with Python, PyQT/PySide, and with Maya scripting
- Ability to write robust code, both from a functional and architectural standpoint
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with content creation and game development pipelines
- Good oral and written skills
- Experience in C# or C++
- Experience with OpenMaya and Maya plugin development
- Experience with other lighting and post processing software, as a user or tools developer; Houdini, Nuke, Fusion, Flame, etc.
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete an art test.