Associate Gameplay Scripter (Single Player)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
As the developers of The Last of Us, Uncharted, and Jak and Daxter series, Naughty Dog's games are renowned for their character-driven narratives set in richly detailed worlds. These games are made possible by passionate developers who creatively collaborate to push the boundaries of technology, accessibility, and artistry with every single project. Join us and become a key member in a team making world-class experiences!
- Coordinating, implementing, and owning polished gameplay scenarios, in-game cinematics, and AI behaviors
- Collaborating with the Design team to conceptualize, prototype, implement, tune, and balance gameplay mechanics and systems
- Communicate with animation, programming, and art departments to effectively produce the assets and code support required for systems or set-ups
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Significant programming ability (Computer Science undergraduate degree preferred)
- Knowledge of 3D math
- Experience with C++, C#, Lua, or other scripting language
- Deep understanding of narrative principles, and conveying emotion through gameplay
- Self-starter with excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Willingness to take design direction when offered, brainstorm, iterate and come up with fun and creative solutions
- Experience with 3D level editors
- Experience developing third-person action games preferred
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete a design test.