This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Naughty Dog games have long been lauded for their carefully crafted narratives and attention to detail. We have spent the last decade+ curating some of the top gameplay animators and technical minds in the industry. This group of individuals is what allows us to create characters with the fidelity and believability that we put into games including The Last of Us and Uncharted series and now our first standalone multiplayer title.
We are looking for associate gameplay animators that can support our team and take on many of the simpler gameplay tasks, so they can focus more time on the more complex aspects of development. If you are detail oriented, a quick learner, and hungry to grow, this position a great opportunity for you to be surrounded and mentored by a very special team of gameplay animators. We have a very open, inclusive, team-oriented environment and this will give you a very good taste of AAA game development. We will look forward to watching you grow alongside us.
- Work with our animators to create cutting edge systemic animations
- Ability to create high quality animation content in Maya and implement them correctly in our Naughty Dog engine
- Learn how Naughty Dog gameplay systems work
- Ability to take on any assignment using efficient practices
- Ability to learn our engine debug tools to solve gameplay problems and work with senior animators to find a solution
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Good eye for animation is a must
- Patient, organized, and very detail oriented
- Highly motivated and proactive with a CAN DO attitude
- Great communicator
- Understanding of Maya: layers, time/trax editor
- Team oriented attitude and willing to take on a range of different types of tasks
- General technical knowledge of how games work
- In engine animation layering knowledge
- Familiar with an existing Animation system: Unreal, Morpheme, Unity
Experience with one of the following systems: player locomotion and traversal, melee, non-playable character navigation, traversal, weapon systems.
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an animation test.