Senior Quality Engineer - Star Wars
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from our London studio.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
The Senior Quality Engineer (SQE) has QA technical and project expertise, working to drive and support quality. They plan and execute tests that build confidence and reduce risk. They support high priority features while ensuring timely delivery. They communicate issues with efficiency and clarity. The QA Engineer understands client/server relationships and other key architecture concepts.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Working with the QA Manager for ASG, you will be responsible for evaluating software products through the use of detailed tests to apply and maintain quality standards as well as developing, modifying, and executing software test plans, automating scripts and programs for testing. You will also analyze and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. The Senior Quality Engineer analyzes those results to ensure existing functionality works as expected, recommending any corrective action; consults with development engineers in resolution of problems; and coordinates automation efforts with Zynga QA Ops.
- a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or a Bachelor’s degree with a year of experience.
- ISTQB Certified or similar certification
- Clear, concise communicator
- Must be an excellent teammate, working well with others
- Experience in game testing on multiple platforms
- Deep understanding of test and reporting tools, such as JIRA, TestRail, GameBench etc.
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Collaborates with multiple teams and other fields to develop an effective automation strategy and tooling for the team
- Build transparency and share knowledge between teams throughout NaturalMotion and Zynga
- Experience with one or more of Java, C, C++, C#, Python, PHP, and familiarity with compiler/build environments
- Strong Experience with automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin or other industry standard tools
- Practical knowledge of video games
Would be nice:
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility etc)
- Experience with Technical Testing for e.g. PACT/Handshake Testing
- Good working SQL knowledge
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases, encompassing manual, non-functional and automation.
- Build outstanding track record in communicating complicated technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths.
- Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on team's process, tools, and scripts
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status