Senior Network Programer - Racing
Here at NaturalMotion we innovate to create games that wow people, bringing new experiences that push the boundaries of the hardware and we’re looking for a Network programmer that has the same drive to excel. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and building communities that last for years. In 2018, 2019 & 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz and this is an opportunity to join our AAA team working on a new project.
We are hiring for a Senior Network Programmer who is passionate about solving problems in a collaborative team and engineering robust solutions for the long term.
This is a chance to be part of the development on a major project as we enter production, it will require someone who can coordinate across disciplines and with external teams as we push the boundaries of development using Unity and proprietary techniques across Mobile, PC and Console platforms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external programming teams to problem solve, find and influence optimal architectural, framework and gameplay solutions for our games.
- Work with the project technical and creative leadership to set the direction of architecture, testability and performance to support cross-platform development.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, internally and externally, to support workflows and deliver to milestones.
- Take the project through the various stages from concept to release across multiple platforms and own several key aspects of the game architecture.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proven expertise utilizing Unity and C# in games.
- Strong understanding of modern console development, workflows, tooling and runtimes.
- Experience in network api’s and tools within and outside of Unity.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation
- A background in creating data driven systems.
- Enjoy flexing your social and collaborative skills!
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming in C# and C++.
- General knowledge of the newest features and systems in Unity.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.