Principal / Lead QA - Star Wars IP
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars: Commander.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team build world-leading, action-strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
Tired of working through the Black Box QA grinder? We are hiring a Test Lead for our new Star Wars™ strategy game. The right person will assume responsibility for the establishment, communication, and implementation of thorough game testing processes, ensuring high-quality games are delivered with great gameplay experience.
The role focuses on leading the QA team in the execution of their test cases. While working closely with the development teams, the Test Lead insures issues are accurately and timely reported, supporting high-quality releases
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Directs both in-house and outsourced testing
- Assist in planning based on road maps and schedules
- Identify the skill levels of their team members as well as the needs of the Project
- Ultimately responsible for the quality and depth of QA test plans
- Providing guidance in test plan and test case creation
- Participating in Story, Design, and Technical reviews
- Responsible for calling out known risks and providing mitigation plans
- You will be the primary point of contact between QA and Production
- Be representing QA in project meetings and a contributor to decision making
Required Experience & Skills
- A proven track record showing strong Leadership and Communication
- Good knowledge of at least one bug tracking software
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Technical expertise in client-side testing
- Familiarity with scripting automated tests
- ISTQB certifications
- Some coding expereience (C++, Lua or python for example)
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.