At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
This is a chance to be part of the development on a major project as we enter production, it will require someone who can coordinate across disciplines and with external teams as we push the boundaries of development using Unity and proprietary techniques across Mobile, PC and Console platforms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external programming teams to problem solve, find and influence optimal architectural, framework and gameplay solutions for our games.
- Work with the project technical and creative leadership to set the direction of architecture, testability and performance to support cross-platform development.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, internally and externally, to support workflows and deliver to milestones.
- Take the project through the various stages from concept to release across multiple platforms and own several key aspects of the game architecture.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven expertise utilizing Unity and C# in games
- Strong understanding of modern console development, workflows, tooling and runtimes
- Experience in network api’s and tools within and outside of Unity
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation
- A background in creating data driven systems
- Enjoy flexing your social and collaborative skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming in C# and C++
- General knowledge of the newest features and systems in Unity
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.