Consumer Insights Analyst (Gaming)
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular games that are played by people around the world every single day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games including Empires & Puzzles, Toon Blast, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Based at our NaturalMotion Games studios, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
You will be responsible for helping identify actionable insights across Zynga’s portfolio, as well as the overall gaming marketplace. Your focus will be on cultivating and leveraging the “voice of the consumer” across marketing and game design initiatives. Your work will help drive innovations and improvements for both live games and new games in development.
You should feel comfortable executing research projects, analysing and visualising data and sharing information across the organization.
As your projects will range from quick-turn qualitative interviews to large-scale quantitative studies, the ability to be flexible against a dynamic set of business priorities is essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Supports the Consumer Insights Team in developing and representing the “voice of consumer” through thoughtful data collection, insightful observations and careful analysis.
- Assists in translating business needs into cost effective and appropriate qualitative or quantitative research methodologies ranging from cutting-edge techniques to tried-and-true methods
- Executes qualitative and quantitative research projects ranging from facilitating player interviews to fielding surveys with direct supervision
- Acts as point of contact for a wide variety of syndicated data sources
- 10% travel required, including some international travel
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and consumers
- Experience in a custom primary research function on the client or vendor side
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written skills
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to structure and deliver presentations clearly, crisply, and compellingly
- Proven project management skills and willingness to be flexible against a dynamic set of business priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with business intelligence analysis
- Experience with analytics software tools like SPSS and SQL
- Degree in applied psychology, sociology, economics, engineering, computer science, marketing or equivalent
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.