Site Reliability Engineer
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
Our Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a talented and driven Site Reliability Engineer to work with our awesome team based in our Los Angeles, CA office. The SRE in this role is software engineering-focused and will work alongside developers to create a bridge between development and operations using their expertise in scalable application design, release engineering, continuous delivery, and infrastructure automation.
The Right Candidate For This Job (is)
- An experienced software developer with an interest in applying SRE\DevOps methodologies
- Passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services
- Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
- Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
- Smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottom-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- An unwavering passion for meeting demands and delivering an epic customer service
This Position Is Expected ToThis role requires solid experience in scalable application design, cloud computing environments, and hands-on technical skills.
- Ensure high availability and performance of backend services
- Build and maintain tooling to make code and configuration deployments self-serve for the development team
- Collaborate with the development and operations teams to design the infrastructure required for deploying a scalable and reliable application
- Regularly review existing infrastructure for opportunities for service improvement, cost reduction, and increased security
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
- Ensure operational visibility into applications by adding instrumentation and creating dashboards for proactive monitoring and failure resolution
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure the success of uptime-critical applications
- Prior experience in performance optimization of distributed microservice applications (preferably gRPC microservices backing JSON REST APIs)
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one core programming language such as Java, Elixir, Python, Golang or C++. Knowledge of JVM performance tuning and the Spring Boot framework is a plus
- Prior experience managing and operating Linux-based VMs on cloud computing platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with management and orchestration of containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of relational DBMS such as Postgres and MySQL. Experience with distributed implementations of relational databases such as Spanner, CockroachDB or Aurora is a plus
- Experience with CI\CD orchestration pipelines such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, as well as familiarity with deployment strategies like blue\green deployments, canary releases, etc...
- Experience with dashboard technologies such as Grafana
- Ability to write clean, easy to debug, well documented, and efficient code
- Effective at working in cross-discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- This position is part of a distributed team based out of our Kansas City, MO office, which requires the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues remotely
- Experience with OAuth and identity providers like Keycloak
- Interest or experience with blockchain technology