(Closed) Senior Product Manager
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
The Senior Product Manager, Marketplace role at Mythical Games presents an opportunity for a highly-technical, data-driven Product Manager to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Gaming, E-commerce, and Blockchain. In this role, you will lead cross-functional teams of Engineers, Quant Economists, and Game Designers, to define, design, and manage the delivery of marketplace products and features. You will be the point of contact and expert on the game economy - including features, live operations, and pricing. As a key contributor to Mythical's Marketplace team, you will be responsible for defining the end to end experience on the marketplace for both buyers and sellers. You will be expected to develop and own the long-term product vision, product roadmap, and drive continuous ideation around improving our marketplace tools. Communication and collaboration is a key function: This role will serve as the primary cross-functional point-of-liaison between technical developers and business partners, to drive decision-making from robust data measurement.
The ideal candidate will have prior marketplace Product Management experience in designing and implementing tools and services for C2C and B2C marketplace participants, and be familiar with statistical modeling and the design of engineering architecture. To drive thought leadership, marketplace strategy, and tight execution with business partners, you should be a motivated collaborator, possessing breadth and depth in strategic thought and a strong understanding of marketplace dynamics and competitive positioning. You can prioritize trade-offs independently and work seamlessly with your counterparts in the team and across the org. You are a strong performer, willing to challenge the status quo and think outside of the box, with a passion for markets.
This role will report to our VP, Marketplace, and can be based out of Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and were continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- You'll guide product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for primary and secondary marketplace products in close collaboration with a cross-functional team of engineers, economists, and designers.
- Define, design, and manage economic features that create an engaging player experience, further the strategic vision of the product, and drive increased player engagement and monetization.
- Drive the roadmap and development of supply and demand-side capabilities including tools and services related to liquidity, market making, seller tools, price prediction, product discovery, and personalization.
- Manage and prioritize the marketplace economy services roadmap and backlog.
- Support with the design and optimization of in-game economies. Balance creative input, with quantitative data to drive feature development.
- Own technical design and implementation of marketplace systems and tools, alignment of modeling/product/engineering effort.
- Run user research, and data-driven experiments to inform product direction.
- Create flexible systems and data structures to allow for rapid iteration.
- Analyze the many facets of the marketplace economy, player engagement, retention, and monetization data at a macro and micro level. Report on performance, identify issues and opportunities, and suggest ways to optimize.
- Establish and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into essential product decisions.
- Communicate effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from design, engineering, and business backgrounds.
- Academic degree and deep training in Economics, Statistics, Business, or Finance.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience - designing and building large-scale e-commerce, exchange, or video game marketplace capabilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills: experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and executives.
- Experience working with data engineers, designing, and configuring APIs.
- Comfortable gathering and analyzing data for reporting technical and business metrics.
- Track record of driving change based on persuasive communication of insights based on the analysis.
- Deep expertise presenting structured recommendations to senior executives.
- Highly-organized with proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- A team player committed to delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and investigative skills who takes ownership to drive results.
- MBA with a quantitative focus.
- High volume/transaction marketplace experience
- Experience with blockchain and token economics
- Passion for computer games
- Technology or media experience
- Experience in both larger companies and startups