We are seeking a Product Manager to join a growing cross-functional team of quants, developers, and product leaders building a best-in-class marketplace platform for digital assets catering differently to both end users and corporate partners. You will work on charting the path for the consumer facing side of the marketplace by leading a full stack team of developers.
The ideal candidate is a customer advocate and is always pushing for the best user experience. Guided by analytics, user feedback and their past experience, you can identify which features are worth pursuing, set metrics to define their success and drive the team to MVP delivery and further refinement iterations.You will then follow the product through its deployments tracking its success against the defined metrics. You will interact daily with engineering, design, QA, marketing, comms and compliance.
You will work closely with a Senior Product Manager and be responsible for one or more engineering teams and the delivery of specific business objectives. The expectation is this hire quickly learns from top talent throughout the company and becomes a best-in-class class product manager, with many opportunities for growth as the company rapidly hires and expands.
- Setting the vision for a team, devising features to fulfill that vision, breaking them down into concrete scopes of work and setting metrics to measure product success
- Own the planning (in JIRA) and deliverables of a full stack engineering team
- Prepare wireframes to explain how you envision features and work closely with UI/UX to make them become fully fledged designs
- Define the backend architecture and systems flowcharts of those features, together with tech leads
- Owning and defining product roadmaps based on company goals, customer feedback, analytics, engineering effort and compliance reviews amongst others
- Evaluating tradeoffs and prioritizations across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Writing detailed but digestible requirement documents
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic team working environment
- At least 2 years of product management experience in a tech company on a B2C user facing product with at least tens of thousands of users, preferably fintech
- You have followed a product end to end from cradle to shipping to grave in a lead PM role
- Experience in doing wireframes for customer facing products
- Experience in frontend development, familiarity with APIs, microservices and architecture diagrams
- Experience of agile methodologies and of managing a team through JIRA
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably React or Java or JS and knowledge of general backend software architecture (databases, microservices, queues…)
- You have experience using cryptocurrency products
- Excellent communication across all mediums at the individual and group level (writing, presentations, verbal) and experience in presenting to large groups, including senior leadership
- Experience in writing internal documentation
- Elevated personal and business empathy: you know why people and companies make certain decisions and can behave accordingly
- Knowledge of QA and bug reporting best practices
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Passion for financial services, blockchain and gaming
- You are an independent self starter and you can prioritize your own work under little to no supervision
- You are comfortable with dropping projects that you have spent effort on if a better business opportunity presents itself
- You are detailed oriented and think through all scenarios and possibilities
- You think in MVPs and prioritize shipping often to get early community feedback
- You step into other roles if that means success for the product
- You are able to prioritize between many different conflicting priorities and appropriately communicate what you and your team are focusing on
- You are not afraid to ask questions and you're not afraid to admit failures
- You do your research; if you encounter something you don't know about, the next day you are familiar with it
- You'll want to be the first user of the products you'll work on
- You automate repetitive tasks so that you can use your time more efficiently
- You're comfortable working in a remote first environment and travelling on short notice when needed
- Work experience as a developer prior to being a product manager
- Experience using design thinking methodologies
- Experience working in single sided or dual sided marketplace
- Work experience in both large companies and successful 100+ ppl hypergrowth startups
- You have designed and deployed a website from scratch as a side project
- Knowledge of KYC, AML and GDPR regulations
- Experience with data visualizations tools (Tableau, Looker…) and infrastructure observability tools (New Relic, Splunk, Datadog…)
- Experience in machine learning or data science
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.