We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a Participations Analyst to be a key member of the department that manages artist and partner reporting obligations for the growing portfolios and partnerships. In this role, your key responsibilities will be interpreting and analyzing legal agreements to determine participation obligations, as well as calculating and preparing participation statements and payments in an accurate and efficient manner. A successful candidate is a self-starter who can collaborate cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Prepare third party obligation templates from contracts and enter terms into ERP system
- Prepare participation statements in accordance with contractual agreements
- Ability to run reports and analyze results as it relates to the amounts due to participants
- Maintain payment schedules by participant and assist in forecasting figure payments
- Research and prepare reconciliations and analysis of financial data
- Create financial models for Product team regarding new projects
- Provide support and document complex calculations for audit purposes
- Respond to participants and internal inquiries on a timely basis
- Draft contract abstracts
- Work closely with internal departments as it relates to statement preparation and standardized reporting and SKU ID tracking
- Recommend ways to improve upon existing systems and practices
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Build system and dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of work experience, a combination of public and private accounting experience a plus
- Must be experienced at reading legal materials and documents while having the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information effectively
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues and problem-solve effectively
- Highly motivated, self starter with experience in a fast paced environment, able to thrive under pressure, and execute to tight deadlines
- Efficiency in problem-solving, completing reconciliations, and responding to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Great communication skills with people at all levels, orally and written required
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems and concepts
- Excellent Excel, Microsoft Office & Google web based program skills
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.