We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and blockchain technologies led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry by supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology via our platform of robust tools, technology, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Games User Researcher to drive & execute research in support of a live game.
- Act as research strategist for live title - act as go-to person for projects and a subject matter expert.
- Attend and present in weekly team syncs and provide transparency and status updates into studies and current initiatives
- Develop & executive research roadmap & backlog informed by multiple stakeholders and prioritized by needs.
- Partner closely with UX Design, PMs, game designers, producers, & game data analysts
- Constantly advocating for the user-centered design and act as the voice of the customer
- Conduct user testing, potentially moderated, unmoderated, remote, and in-person
- Communicate research findings through written reports and group presentations
- Build trust with partners by delivering the right actionable insights at the right time
- Experience executing every stage of quantitative & user experience research (triage, planning, recruiting, fieldwork, analysis, advocacy, etc).
- Experience acting as research lead for a project – including the building of research roadmaps informed by product needs.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communicator who is comfortable presenting data among diverse audiences (from others research team members to business leaders).
- Experience partnering with a cross-functional team and acting as the voice & advocate for our users.
- Has conduct in-game research and understands the nuances of conducting player insights
- Over 2 years of experience in User Research or related field.
- Has worked in the gaming industry for at least 1 years.
- Experience growing & leveraging a player panel.
- Interest in NFT / Crypto space is desired but not required.
- A plus if in the Seattle, WA or Los Angeles, CA area.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.