We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Engineering Manager to join our growing engineering team based in Los Angeles, CA. This role reports into our VP, Engineering and will play an integral role in managing a growing team of frontend engineers. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for mentoring, guiding and hiring for all future Engineers that join our team.
- You will manage a remote team of 5-7 frontend software engineers and create a safe environment for a diverse team.
- You will be responsible to create and foster high-performance culture in your team.
- You will cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- You will meet with team members 1:1 on a regular basis and give frequent, actionable feedback to support your team’s career development.
- You will hire engineers and ensure that engineers on the team are learning, growing, and advancing in their respective careers.
- You will create a shared understanding of decision making, direction, and progress for the team, the company, and the community.
- You will ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality.
- You will liaise with HR and engineering leadership regarding sensitive personnel matters
- You will help create and track goals and objectives that make sense for the team and the project(s)
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager or lead engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organization
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Experience building, deploying, and monitoring SaaS solutions
- Experience with high traffic eCommerce sites
- Experience working with online payment providers and securing PII
- Experience with multi-tenant applications
- Experience building white-label solutions
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.