We are looking for a Data Reliability Engineer with experience in data systems design and backend operations. As a Data Reliability Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of infrastructure supporting data products across the company. You’ll be hands-on as specialized data DevOps, helping to manage and future-proof an exciting tech stack that includes GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, Airflow, and Snowplow.
In this role, you’ll work on a cross-functional team of engineers to ensure robust, stable infrastructure is in place to support the data needs of multiple teams, partners, and games. At Mythical, we are proud to be one team and work together; the data engineering team works in close alignment with colleagues across our organization to deliver solutions for any team at the company that may benefit from data wizardry.
- Design, implement, and maintain high-performance, scalable data architecture to support both batch and real-time data analytics pipelines
- Participate in alert monitoring, respond to and resolve data infrastructure incidents as they arise
- Create infrastructure diagrams and documentation to support data operations and infrastructure scale-out
- Help inform and make backend tooling decisions, guide optimization efforts
- Play key role in maintaining data resiliency, security, and governance
- 3+ years of experience working in with backend, distributed systems in live operations
- Experience building out microservices and containerized systems running in the cloud using Kubernetes/k8s
- Proficiency with backend systems administration, DevOps, CI/CD, and object-oriented programming
- Experience automating the monitoring and maintenance of cloud architecture
- Microservice, scalability, and continuous improvement based mindset
- Exposure to any/some/all of the following: Kafka, Snowplow, GCP, Argo, GitHub Actions
- Interest in blockchain technology and video games
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.