Journalist – Mobile Sports League is the voice of the brand when it comes to the mobile gaming and mobile Esports communities. The role will focus on social media written content development and publishing. This will show that our brand is supported and actively represented within gaming communities and relevant Esports moments and news. This person will also assist in the content development and administration of the Mobile Sports League social media materials and will also monitor each of them to assist the marketing team in creating actionable social media marketing campaigns.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand individual brand marketing plans and mingle with the brand team in an overly continuous effort to meet objectives.
- Develop and carry out fully planned and well-constructed website articles.
- Being “eyes and ears” of the brand and continuing to build an overall reputation that is aligned with company branding guidelines and policies through your content writing.
- Forge strong and trusted relationships with key people, discord servers and Esports teams and encourage interaction across brand channels.
- Work with a marketing team to organise, generate, and deliver creative content to online audiences.
- Utilise your familiarity with social media monitoring tools to proactively analyse and report community feedback and social media data.
- Create monthly and quarterly reports pertaining to user experience, page views, activity, traffic, etc. to measure success and share positive stories with brand team.
- Lead social media involvement in relevant emerging trends, applications, and tools.
- Minimum 5 months - 3 years of online Journalism experience and extensive knowledge of major social media networks, including their design, technology, functionality, and users.
- Strong background and knowledge of the gaming and esports industry, gaming communities and trends in gaming culture is required.
- Knowledge of current social media trends & platforms.
- Ability to convey emotion through your writing and incite conversation around it.
- Experience working successfully on high-profile partnerships and promotions.
- Must be focused, self-motivated, detail and results-oriented, as well as able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well and communicate within a team as well as externally.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively as well as be able to clearly present new ideas.
- Be a creative thinker.
- Happy to work volunteering for 4-7 months