(Closed) Senior UI Artist
Full Job Description
Motorsport Games seeks a talented, detail oriented and strong work ethic individual for a 2D Artist Position in the Orlando Studio in Orlando, FL.
This person will be driving content creation for our downloadable content for the NASCAR video game franchise, as well as additional support for the video game.
They will work closely with our art directors, artists, designers and engineers to create a AAA quality UI/UX for our games.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and lead the development of UI screens and elements that maintain the visual language spelled out in our style guide.
- Create experiences that allow for a smooth and efficient workflow while maintaining the functional requirements of our designers.
- Be involved in all stages of the design and implementation of the UI screens.
- Provide initial concepts, wireframes, final mock-ups and art assets.
- Work with game design and art direction to produce functional, high quality visuals that accurately reflect our game aesthetic style.
- Collaborate with other artists and engineering to implement the designs.
Required skills / experience:
- High level understanding of artistic principals, theories and the visual language.
- The ability to generate high quality art from concept to completion.
- Strong visual and graphic design skills.
- Expert knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and XD and familiarity with AfterEffects.
- Basic experience with 3D modeling software like 3DS Max or Maya.
- Motion graphics experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in game production with UI/UX, preferably AAA games.
- Experience working with game engines, ‘source save’ programs like Perforce and game production pipelines.
- Strong leadership and communication, written and verbal.
- Ability to learn new tools and programs quickly is a plus.
- Must have a strong portfolio.
Motorsport Games is a division of Motorsport Network; it is the home for a team that believes in the power of interactive virtual motor racing and putting people in control of their own motorsports story. Our mission is to pull together video games and esports within the racing sphere and deliver new, innovative experiences people will enjoy to play, watch and engage with. We’re leveraging the vast capabilities of Motorsport Network, a giant within the digital media space, to bring more people than ever before to motorsports as active participants. We are the destination for the world’s major motorsport series and brands from NASCAR to Le Mans and Formula E. We operate along the entire vertical of development, publishing and competitive esports ecosystem.
We’re more than just a developer or publisher – we’re the people delivering tomorrow’s virtual racing dreams today.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Game Artist: 5 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)