Lead Online Development Engineer
Motorsport Games is a video game publisher located in Orlando, FL. Motorsport Games develops, distributes, and publishes NASCAR games for video game consoles, PC, mobile devices, and emerging platforms. Join us as we grow our studio in Orlando to expand our business with new and exciting game projects!
Your main purpose for this role is to develop and maintain the underlying online technology for the NASCAR series of video games.
- Architect and improve online infrastructure for a high traffic multiplayer game title
- Lead other online developers
- Maintain and manage AWS instances
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot and analyze networking traffic issues and implement changes to increase performance
- Develop new features for existing NASCAR game titles for PC and console using Unreal Engine 4
- Write clean, high-quality, maintainable code
- Ensure delivery of all scheduled tasks
- Effectively communicate status of assigned tasks
- Collaborate with other team members including production and engineering to bring tasks to completion
- Communicates with Quality Assurance team to ensure deadlines are being met
- Maintains confidentiality of games that have not been released to the public
- 5+ Years of Online game development leadership experience
- Proven ability to mentor and lead other engineers
- Experience with Playfab, AWS, Azure
- Experience using Unreal 4 Engine
- Demonstrable coding ability in C++ and Blueprints
- Five years of experience as a game engineer using Unreal Engine
- Shipped multiple game titles on PC or console systems
- Experience using source control tools such as Perforce
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of video games. Familiarity with games consoles and mobile games.
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to multi‑task in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Independent worker (i.e., takes initiative and works well with little supervision).
- Office located in Orlando, FL
- Team of highly professional specialists, who are ready to share their experience
- Health insurance and paid time off after qualifying period