Technical Animation Director
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
EA Motive is in the early stages of building an ambitious new narrative, single player game. We are looking for a Technical Animation Director to join the team and help us craft our strategy and technology to help tie together gameplay and storytelling for a polished visual experience.
- You will work with the other directors and discipline leads to establish a technical strategy for the gameplay and narrative needs of the title
- Guide the development of the animation tools and pipelines
- Oversee character rigs, rigging workflows and skinning
- Review game design concepts and identify and analyze risks and dependencies
- Mentor team members on tools and techniques
- Anticipate technological advancements and establish our best practices
- You will establish and communicate best practices and tools for animation technology.
- Contribute to the animation community at Motive and across EA
- At least 7 years of animation, rigging, or programming experience (or related experience) + 3 years of leadership, some of which needs to be in game development.
- Familiarity with animation principles and the nature of animating for games.
- Expertise in creating and maintaining common tools and workflows for animators.
- Expert knowledge in Maya, MotionBuilder experience is an asset.
- Knowledge in Python and visual scripting.
- Experience with motion capture, motion capture direction, and motion retargeting.
- Experience with runtime animation systems, concepts and constraints.
- Have a proactive and self-directed work ethic and an interest in solving problems.
- Experience with editor-based game development environments (Unreal, Unity).
- Passion for making games look and play great.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.