Senior VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Senior VFX Artist to be part of a team developing Action/Adventure games.
What a Senior VFX Artist will do at Motive:
- Research, conceptualize and create high-quality effects that communicate gameplay and enhance the player's experience. These FX assets will be created for in-game environments, gameplay, cinematics, and scripted events. Aim to reach an industry-leading quality bar and raise the product experience.
- Partner with the Lead Artists, Designers, and Engineering Teams to create high-quality real-time visual effects. FX assets include particle systems, meshes, shaders, textures, rigid body sims, and animations
- Create FX Assets using EA's proprietary game engine, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. There is an emphasis on knowledge sharing between different teams throughout EA's studios.
- Help build technical and aesthetic considerations for the project's visual effect art style. A balance must be achieved between high visual quality and staying within our performance constraints.
- Manage In-Game Particle Effects for action-adventure games. These include weapon and vehicle FX, environmental, and destruction.
- You will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
- 5+ years of production experience using game engines to create real-time VFX with a supporting body of work.
- Experience shipping high-quality console games.
- Experience in 2d packages such as Photoshop, After Effects, or Nuke.
- Experience in 3d packages such as Max or Maya.
- Knowledge of environmental effects, lighting, and dynamics.
- Work in a team and communicate with other disciplines.
- Solid Technical abilities to help create new visual effects art pipelines.
- Approach tasks, files, and storage of the material methodically.
- Knowledge of Frostbite, and experience with Unity Visual Graph Editor or Unreal Niagara is also valued
- Knowledge of substance is valued.
- Experience with a scripting language is a big plus (HLSL, Python).
- Experience with Houdini is a big plus
3D Portfolio Requirements**
A link to your portfolio must be included with your application/resume. All portfolios should contain a breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, and web page portfolio.
(Please include as many of the following elements as you can)
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls)
- Examples of fantastical effects animation (spells, explosions)
- Examples of rigid or soft-body dynamics
- Effects created in a game engine
- Examples of modeling texturing and lighting
- Examples of multiple animations.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.